Condoms are one of the most popular contraception methods in use today, offering a host of benefits that other methods simply cannot match.
Whilst there are a million reasons to use a condom (and not many reasons not to!), here’s our pick of the seven top advantages of condoms.
- Condoms are one of the few contraception methods that can protect against Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- With proper use condoms are 98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
- Condoms are easy to use and, unlike other methods such as the IUD, don’t require any assistance from health professionals to administer.
- Condoms are very cheap! The average cost does vary around the world. Here in Australia condoms cost on average $0.5-1 each which is a lot cheaper than a lifetime of medication… and children.
- Condoms are readily available without prescription online, at local supermarkets, pharmacies, service stations, toilet vending machines and family planning clinics.
- Condoms don’t impact fertility, unlike other contraception methods, such as the IUD and the pill. This makes them the ideal choice for younger people who may want a family in the future.
- Condoms can be fun too! They’re available in a wide range of shapes, sizes, colours and flavours that can add to your experience!